Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 16, 2 May 2010

Devlin's beard here. After that ridiculous "Hanging with my peeps" line, I figured I should take over and send the guy to the bench for a bit. No cute pics today cause, let's face it, I'm a beard. Let's face it. Ha! Face jokes. Take that, Devlin! Yeah, I still look a little skragly but, by the time we get to the Stanley Cup, I will be one sweet playoff beard. I will petition to change the name of this blog to One Sweet Playoff Beard or OSPB for short. If we bring home Lord Stanley again, maybe I'll be able to stay around.

Looking around the league at my competition, there are some pretty nasty looking beards out there. What is going on here? Hockey is supposed to be a manly sport; everyone with no teeth and looking like the fat guy from The Hangover. Instead, we get a bunch of girly-man beards. I am not impressed. The bright side is that more people should be flocking to OSPB to raise some major coin for Mario.

Seriously, what is holding you back? Mario Lemeiux is The. Greatest. Hockey. Player. Ever. Knock off all the blah, blah, blah Gretzky talk about "The Great One." All Wayne ever did was beat everyone around him. Mario beat everyone around him AND cancer. Top that, Great One! So, when Mario comes asking for a little help raising some cash to beat back cancer a little further, you're going to say no? Come on, lightweight! Dig in and sponsor OSPB! Go to Beardathon.com and drop a couple bucks on Devlin. When he wins, he will auction off all the cool prizes and give that money back to the fight. The only one who loses here is cancer. How is that a bad thing?

Okay, I'll turn it back over to Devlin. He'll probably have some lame kitty cat video to share. Geesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment