Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 25, 11 May 2010



I'm baaack!!! I had to take a few days off to get some actual work done and, while I was gone, the Pens did their best Caps impression. You know what I mean, right? That is where a bunch of really good hockey players collapse, look horrible and throw away a game. Not to worry, though, cause they'll get it right tomorrow and give my beard another two weeks to grow.

The beard is looking unbeatable now, too. Kind of like the grass in my back yard. It is getting so long it is going to seed. Pretty soon, I'll sprout chest hair. (That was my son's line but his playoff beard is wimpy so he isn't allowed to use cool lines. Sorry, bud!) We are moving up in the standings, too. My beard is at number 54. Not bad, but we can do a lot better. As we move into the Eastern Championship round, I need to start looking for corporate sponsorship to get into the top ten. I would be perfectly willing to paint little NASCAR logos on my beard. Anything for the kids! If you are a corporate bigwig and are looking for really cheesy advertising opportunities, we should talk. Did you see that peeps picture I posted? You can see that I am not above looking dopey for a good cause. Hair Club for Men? Touch of Gray? I'm game. Home Depot? Apple Computers? Your logos would look great stencilled in the beard. Another couple weeks and I'll be able to braid in those stupid beads for a Capital One commercial. Let's go, folks! The first one with a sizable donation gets beard space for the duration! Get on over to http://www.beardathon.com/ and pledge to beat the rush!

Okay, back to hockey. I met a guy who knows Habs forward Scott Gomez. If you don't know Gomez, he is a pretty decent player who would be great if only he could be a Penguin. So this guy grew up around Gomez, played school hockey with him, emails the guy regularly, goes to games now and then and.....is a Caps fan. What the hell is that all about? One of your buds makes it to the bigs, is a star on the team and is still cool enough to talk to you, yet you don't cheer for his team? I guess I could understand that if you regularly followed an awesome team like the Pens but, seriously, Washedupton? I get depressed, just thinking about it.

Everyone in DC is dancing around cause Oretchkin is leading Russia in some kind of second rate hockey tournament. Of course he is doing well. First, he hasn't had to play in a significant game, yet. Second, all the good players are still in the NHL playoffs!

I know the Pens follow this blog religiously (right, guys?), so go out there and dominate. My beard needs to grow!

1 comment:

  1. Tony, beard looks good. You need to wear a hockey helmet when you mow the lawn- that way you can work up a sweat-induced helmet head that mimicks a period or two of playoff hockey. Oh, do it right before the game tomorrow. Towel around the neck. Visor optional; maybe if your weed whacking.

    As for the game, they look great except bad passes at really bad times. Unleash Malkin, draw a penalty and PP time.


    Go Pens!!!!!

    ReplyDelete