Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 14, 30 Apr 2010


Hanging with my peeps. You'll notice they are all styling with playoff beards, too! Nothing but the best for our Penguins. Unfortunately a few of them didn't survive the post-game party. There was a horrible accident involving Hershey bars and graham crackers. And a microwave. Take my word that it wasn't pretty. It tasted okay, though, so let this be a lesson to you. Hockey is a rough sport. It's dog eat dog out there. In here, it's man eat peeps.
Things got interesting at work today. It's hard to believe that people in DC are not ready to accept the Pens as the superior hockey team. They are still bitter about something. When I tried to get some Caps fans on my beardwagon, my boss actually said he would root for the Red Wings. Now, what kind of poor sportsmanship is that? Your team chokes in a monumental, history making way and you want to jump to a whole different conference? Where is the sense in that? To make matters worse, my boss said my beard makes me look like a homeless guy. Yeah, sure! I dress WAY better than homeless guys.

I actually heard more Sindy Crosbaby jokes today. My standard reply to those comments is that O-retch-kin has lots more time to think up witty names since he's at home on the couch for the rest of the season. So much hate for the Burgh. I just don't get it. They all must be jealous. Is it our fault we have the best hockey team, the best hockey players, the best football team, the stupidest quarterback? Even our baseball team sets records every year. Think about it. You have to look pretty far to find a "professional" sports team that posted 426 consecutive losing seasons. Purists will whine that baseball hasn't been around for more than 375 years. Okay, got it, but I have it on good authority that they also lost the French and Indian War. Man, they need a winning season!

No comments:

Post a Comment