Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 2, 18 Apr 2010

My beard is growing happily in it's infancy, not realizing that tomorrow is a status change day. Right now, it is still a weekend beard, something I can shave off without a second thought. Tomorrow is Take Your Beard To Work Day and that should be pretty traumatic.

See, I work at the Pentagon, surrounded by soldiers. Soldiers do not understand beards. Hippies wear beards. So do radicals, communists and other enemies of state.Case in point: I went to Guantanamo Bay a few years ago for a mission, with a full beard. As I stood up to brief the Commanding General, he turned to my boss and asked, "Why did you bring Grizzly Adams?" Things went downhill for a bit after that.

Wish me luck tomorrow as I introduce the beard to the Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment