Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 10, 26 Apr 2010

Round one of the playoffs is drawing to a close. A few teams have already been eliminated and more are on the line tonight. I've read comments from other Playoff Beardians, wondering what happens once the Penguins or some other team knock their team out of contention. Do they have to shave off their beards? Think about it. You can get pretty attached to a beard in a couple weeks. My beard and I have become pretty tight. We go everywhere together. My beard even stores bits of food for me, in case I need a snack. What a pal!

What to do? Is there a way you can keep your beard? The answer is simple: Dude, this is why they make bandwagons. If you want to be a temporary Penguins fan, great! We'll take you. Bring your friends, too. If there is one thing we know about in Pittsburgh, it's how to build honking big bandwagons. If you don't believe me, check out the stats from last year's Stanley Cup parade through the streets of Pittsburgh. Eighty-two billion people showed up. You read that right. We were pulling in extraterrestrials and people from Vermont. Come to think of it, we have extra space on the Steelers bandwagon these days, if you're interested.

We all do the part-time fan thing. I cheer for the Penguins and anyone who plays the Caps. (I don't like the Caps. Live with it.) You can get by, just cheering for the Pens, but that level of support is beneath your standard hockey fan. I don't expect you to run out and get Pens gear, unless you are really into it. Instead, you can do a Dane Cook thing. Print off one of those really cool Penguin logos and tape it over your team's logo. Come on! You only have to keep it on till the Finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment