Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 12, Apr 28 2010


First of all, congratulations to the Canadiens. I missed most of the game but the last eight minutes was very exciting. Just so you know, today was the last day I would be a Habs fan. Now, they're the enemy!

We were talking at work about which team I would like the Penguins to face next. My best case is for the Pens to win (obviously) and the Bruins to beat the Flyers so the Pens and Bruins would face each other in the Eastern Finals. One guy actually asked if I wanted the Canadiens to win because I was worried about facing the Capitals. Oh, please! Should we really be worried with Alexander Overrated on the ice? Has this guy ever won a big game? He's like the Phillip Rivers of hockey: looks great during the regular season; gets his butt handed to him in the post season. About this point of the conversation, the Caps fans will say that Alex OhmyGodcan'twinabiggame isn't the only guy on the team. Yeah. Got it. I'll bet 99 out of a hundred Caps fans couldn't name five guys on their team who aren't named Ovechkin.

Last year's series with the Pens and the Caps was really great hockey until game seven. Somebody please explain how the home team gets lost on the way to their own rink? At least, I think that is what happened cause the Caps sure had a team of scrubs on the ice that night. Go ahead and make Cindy Crosbaby jokes while your players watch the games at home.

I will have a hard time working up a good hate for the Habs. They were sure playing their hearts out over the last couple games. Is it possible to hope they do well but still get their butts kicked?
(Special thanks to to Daniel Höcherl for the great photo.)

2 comments:

  1. Tony, You have a great looking blog. Makes me want to take mine down

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! You have to keep it going. That was my inspiration for starting this one.

    ReplyDelete