Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 13, 29 Apr 2010

Okay, folks, status change time! Tomorrow, my beard hits two weeks old. That means it is a real beard and gains full beard rights. No more sitting at the little kid's table for this beard! Pretty soon, it will be able to go off on it's own on Friday nights. Crap! I'll bet my car insurance will go up again!

My beard has put up with a lot of abuse from all the soldiers and military civilians at work. This week was pretty easy, though. I went to a Cyber Conference. If there is one place a skraggly old beard fits in it's with a bunch of cyber geeks! My beard was deleriously happy since there wasn't a "high and tight" to be seen. I'm pretty sure I was the dumbest guy in the room. Everyone else was scary smart but some of these cyber wizards don't have the best fashion sense. In their defense, there wasn't a single Metalica t-shirt. My saving grace was that, although I didn't have the brains, I had the cool beard so they let me stay.

Okay, let's get serious. Now that I have an official beard, we have to talk about fund raising. I am growing this thing for a reason. It's time to put your money where my beard is. Go to beardathon.com and lay down a couple bucks on my profile. We need to raise a ton of money for Mario's fund. He grows a cheesy beard but he runs a great charity (not to mention the best team in hockey.) We need to help the guy out. I grew the beard; let's grow some donations!

No comments:

Post a Comment